Book a plumber now
We need a little more information, once submitted, a AK Gas & Plumbing rep will be in touch ASAP or if urgent, contact us via Live chat on the bottom right hand corner.
AK Gas Plumbing FAQ’s
AK Gas & Plumbing employees will always tidy the site and work area before leaving.
Absolutely. We are specialists and we don’t overbook our tradies so you can be assured they won’t be held up on other jobs. Our plumbers will arrive on time every time.
- Yes we can provide pricing over the phone or via our web page.
- Yes. Total clarity around pricing is important to us as well as you.
- Yes. In most cases written quotes can be matched or beaten.
- Brighte Finance 0% interest
- Humm Finance 0% interest
- Credit Card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express) +1.75% fee
- Direct transfer
- Is the LPG bottle empty or has the natural gas meter been turned off?
- Is your unit plugged into a power point?
- Test the power point is working with another device such as a mobile phone charger.
- Try turning the power point off for a few minutes and then turn back on.
- Try running several hot taps at once.
- Has the unit been topped up in the last few months?
- If hot water unit is full, lift the filler valve. Is the water coming from the overflow hot or cold? Hot = Tempering Valve Cold = Element or thermostat
- Has there been recent prolonged overcast weather? If so, has the booster switch been turned on?
- More use than normal at night time and not enough sunlight to recover?
- Are your collectors clean or have been cleaned recently?
- Check that the collectors on the roof are not leaking
- If a split system is the circulating pump operating correctly?
- A sudden occurrence may mean a localized blockage and a simple plunge may work.
- If this has become worse over time you may have broken pipes under the ground. Tree root intrusion or collapsed pipes could be the cause.
- If the blockage is identified in council infrastructure, we will contact council on your behalf.
- Turn the gas off at either the bottles or the gas meter.
- Contact AK Gas & Plumbing for an emergency attendance.
- Listen for a small hissing sound.
- Place some food dye into the cistern. A leak running into the bowl will be obvious.
- Hold a small wad of toilet paper against the back of the bowl. If water is leaking it will become wet and soggy.
- Usually a tap leak is easy and a low cost item to either service, reseat or replace.
- We have a standard rate for after hours call outs.
- We can attempt to provide troubleshooting assistance over the phone to avoid a call out where possible.
- Check toilets for leaks (see tips for toilet leaks).
- Check solar fittings are not leaking into the gutter and running to storm water (at the kerb).
- Check hot water unit is not leaking.
- Contact AK Gas & Plumbing for underground leak location services.
- If the leak is an undetectable underground water leak we can assist with claiming a rebate from your provider.
- Check for empty rainwater tank.
- Is fault light on the pump lit? Check the owner’s handbook for code meanings.
- Is the power point working?
- Is the pump turning on every few minutes? This could be caused by a toilet leak.
- A faulty pressure reduction valve at the water meter.
- Blocked restrictors / aerators.
- We pride ourselves on quality workmanship and back that with a quality 12 month guarantee on our workmanship.