05 Dec Processes
Our processes and how we can help you
Business processes in today’s world are becoming more and more common. But what exactly is a business process and how can it help you complete your project? Do you need to employ contractors with good businesses processes or is it all just hype? In this article we will take a look at the importance of business processes and why we need to ensure that the businesses we work with have these in place.
What is a business process?
A business process is a collection of linked steps or actions that are taken by a team or company which results in the delivery of a service or product to a client. A business process has a set of activities and tasks that, once completed, will accomplish an organizational goal or business objective. Business processes usually follow a structured path and each step is connected to the previous one.
Why have a business process?
There are several reasons why businesses should have structured business processes. These include:
- They help to determine where company resources should be used
- They help to ensure accountability within a company
- They streamline communication within a company and with outside stakeholders
- They help to monitor and measure company resources
- They enhance efficiency, time management and help to reduce costs
- They minimise errors and risk and optimise results
- They help and business to remain focused and to reach goals
Do businesses need more than one process?
Many businesses have several processes that have been developed to address various parts of their company. However, there is no hard and fast rule on how many processes your business may need to run efficiently and effectively. For some business a single business process may be enough. For others, especially those with numerous departments or locations, several business processes may be needed to achieve the same results.
What are AK Gas and Plumbing business processes?
At AK Gas and Plumbing we have spent several years working on a business process specifically designed to ensure that all our workflow runs seamlessly and efficiently. Our process can be outlined in the following steps:
- Job folders are created, location and tasks entered into the ‘Aroflo’ daily management software
- All required documents are submitted to council or other required authorities
- Every task to complete during the project is then created before the job starts
- Photos, notes and checklists are added to the tasks throughout the project
- Event messages go out to client supervisors and /or their admin staff to make them aware of any issues on site and to alert them of certain milestones they wish to be notified about
- As the project comes to an end, our systems will flag any outstanding items to ensure the project is fully completed
- All compliance documents are completed and council inspections are carried out
- Tasks are not invoiced until they have their council inspections and certificates are received. This ensures that you receive exactly what you have paid for
AK Gas and Plumbing believes in making your job as easy and as stress free as possible. By having a business process in place all our staff, including administrative staff, are aware of where each project is up to and what is going to happen next. Why not contact AK Gas and Plumbing so that we can chat to you directly about your project and reassure any concerns you may have? We are contactable in the following ways:
- Phone: 07 30533405
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram and Facebook: akgasandplumbing