Priding ourselves in quality workmanship,
a job well done and 100% customer satisfaction
Priding ourselves in quality workmanship, a job well done and 100% customer satisfaction. When emergencies happen, they don’t wait for you, so you shouldn’t have to wait either. AK Gas & Plumbing can promptly service your gas or plumbing needs 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year with our highly experienced and qualified team in any situation that may pop up. Call us today on 1300 007 769 for service you can count on!
What Brisbane locals are saying about us
Our hot water system had broken down so we searched a few local plumbers. AK gas and plumbing were the first to respond and the only one who seemed interested in helping.
It was swapped over by the end of the same day!
Positive: Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Responsiveness, Value
As a builder, I rely on quality trade contractors to help support my business. Cameron and the team at AK Gas and Plumbing are not only experts in their field, but they are well mannered, punctual, very professional in all their dealings and a great bunch of guys in general. I would strongly recommend them for all plumbing works from maintenance to large construction projects.
Had trouble finding someone to install a gas cooktop, given it was a small job (relocate gas line, replace reg and connect). Contacted AK plumbing, I was promptly contacted by Cameron, scheduled in and had the work completed within three business days. Professional and great work ethic. Happy to recommend to anyone.
Can not recommend Cameron and his team highly enough.. fast, efficient and friendly knowledgeable service... Had my problem diagnosed and sorted in minutes! Thank you for your help today. I will definitely call on AK again if needed and recommend to all. 👍👍👍
Ak Gas and Plumbing were very reliable, turned up on time and trustworthy. We will be using them for any future plumbing jobs.
Very competitive price. Excellent service!!
We’re Industry Qualified
AK Gas Plumbing FAQ’s
- Yes we can provide pricing over the phone or via our web page.
- Yes. Total clarity around pricing is important to us as well as you.
- Yes. In most cases written quotes can be matched or beaten.
- Brighte Finance 0% interest
- Humm Finance 0% interest
- Credit Card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express) +1.75% fee
- Direct transfer
- Is the LPG bottle empty or has the natural gas meter been turned off?
- Is your unit plugged into a power point?
- Test the power point is working with another device such as a mobile phone charger.
- Try turning the power point off for a few minutes and then turn back on.
- Try running several hot taps at once.
- Has the unit been topped up in the last few months?
- If hot water unit is full, lift the filler valve. Is the water coming from the overflow hot or cold? Hot = Tempering Valve Cold = Element or thermostat
- Has there been recent prolonged overcast weather? If so, has the booster switch been turned on?
- More use than normal at night time and not enough sunlight to recover?
- Are your collectors clean or have been cleaned recently?
- Check that the collectors on the roof are not leaking
- If a split system is the circulating pump operating correctly?
- A sudden occurrence may mean a localized blockage and a simple plunge may work.
- If this has become worse over time you may have broken pipes under the ground. Tree root intrusion or collapsed pipes could be the cause.
- If the blockage is identified in council infrastructure, we will contact council on your behalf.
- Turn the gas off at either the bottles or the gas meter.
- Contact AK Gas & Plumbing for an emergency attendance.
- Listen for a small hissing sound.
- Place some food dye into the cistern. A leak running into the bowl will be obvious.
- Hold a small wad of toilet paper against the back of the bowl. If water is leaking it will become wet and soggy.
- Usually a tap leak is easy and a low cost item to either service, reseat or replace.
- We have a standard rate for after hours call outs.
- We can attempt to provide troubleshooting assistance over the phone to avoid a call out where possible.
- Check toilets for leaks (see tips for toilet leaks).
- Check solar fittings are not leaking into the gutter and running to storm water (at the kerb).
- Check hot water unit is not leaking.
- Contact AK Gas & Plumbing for underground leak location services.
- If the leak is an undetectable underground water leak we can assist with claiming a rebate from your provider.
- Check for empty rainwater tank.
- Is fault light on the pump lit? Check the owner’s handbook for code meanings.
- Is the power point working?
- Is the pump turning on every few minutes? This could be caused by a toilet leak.
- A faulty pressure reduction valve at the water meter.
- Blocked restrictors / aerators.
- We pride ourselves on quality workmanship and back that with a quality 12 month guarantee on our workmanship.